Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can you give me some advice?

whenever I'm alone I have to pretend someone (sometime's anyone) is there to talk to or be with me in any way. Is this normal?Can you give me some advice?
it is for you, ';normal'; is completely subjective. As far as it being healthy and in keeping with common ideas of sanity I say it's alright, if Tom Hanks can talk to a volley ball an entire movie I think you can get away with a little self dialogue.





The only other thing I know is what people have said... ';You Can Talk to Yourself, Just don't answer yourself';Can you give me some advice?
Not exactly normal, but not really rare or very pathological either. Lots of girls have some degree of trouble being alone...which is why some battered wives won't leave their abusive or alcoholic husbands. I would suggest you do some work on this issue, though. If you go into adulthood with this tendency it could lead you to accept bad relationships with men just to have the company.





You could seek some counseling, or you can try to fix this by spending short periods of time alone doing something you enjoy, like reading, sewing, etc., but not online games or interactive games which involve you with others. You can also take walks alone, go shopping alone, etc.. The idea is to gradually get used to being alone for longer and longer periods of time until you are comfortable with it.





If you still find that you have to pretend someone is with you, you can try asking the ';person'; to leave for short periods of time and to come back later. If you can gain control over this habit while you're still young, it will save you bigger and more expensive emotional problems later in life.
Not really but You could pray and talk to Jesus about things.
Actually, it is a way that your brain uses to relieve from being bored, scared, lonely (you get the picture)...it is nothing serious.... i usually talk in my head when im with boring people... hope this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment