Monday, August 23, 2010

Boy's: advice please! do you think friendship is possible?

a good guy friend of mine admitted to liking me 2 months ago. he travelled all the way to my college (3.5 hrs away) to tell me how he felt and told me that it should've come out sooner. (btw this is long distance). we hung out a couple of times and things were hard. In total we went on 3 dates and saw eachother mostly at work on weekand because he was sick and busy. during the time we were seeing eachother we never called eachother except to initiate dates. 3 weeks ago he admitted to me that he was going through some problems with drugs and stuff--he told me that he normally dosen't tell this sort of thing to a lot of people. I told him I was concerned and care for him. two weeks after that, he called me on the phone and said: ';look, I know we had this thing going on but, I don't think we should continue to see eachother anymore';...I then mentioned how that was also something I wanted to talk to him about because distance is hard. so I suggested that we be friends and that I wouldn't want to loose a good friend (I told him I considered him a good friend)...and then he paused and stuttered and after said a firm: yes! it would suck to loose a good friend. after that, we had a normal 1hr convo as always and it was nice. he explained to me that his life is a mess at the moment/alot going on...and one of the main reasons he can't do it was because of his drug problem (it's gotten bad lately). we talked about random things on the phone such as previous relationships and movies, books , childhood, friends as always. it was great. my question is: do you think we will remain to be good friends or was he just saying that to make me feel better? and do you guys think that there is a possibility of us dating in the future? (btw he said that all of his previous relationships have been with good friends). i'm concerned for him and want to call him to see how he is doing/ask him to chill...how long should I wait before doing that?Boy's: advice please! do you think friendship is possible?
Yeah I'm sure you can still be friends, I think the reason he broke up with you is because he dosen't want to hurt you, (his drug addiction and everything) so maybye thats why he stutered when you said you should still be friends! If he really is one of your good friends then try to help him through his problems :) good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment