Thursday, August 19, 2010

Please can you give me advice please?

today my manager gave me a letter about my performence at work ,in it it said i should be more flexible in my work and be positive towards staff and management,


what does he mean, i feel upset as i get onwell with the people i work with and am flexible with doing extra work.advice please.Please can you give me advice please?
do you belong to union. if yes then you should seek advice from them. if not contact the CABPlease can you give me advice please?
be better at your job.
I suggest you ask him to explain so that you can improve, ask him for examples and suggestion of how you could have done it better. don't be aggressive or confrontational.
One of the problems we experience is the difference between how we see ourselves and how others see us. This is exactly what you are experiencing here.





The only thing to do is ask to see your manager to discuss what it is that makes other people think you are negative and inflexible.





It is important that you listen to what is said and not become defensive. (ie the object is not for you to go to the meeting saying ';but I'm not like that'; but to find out why people THINK you are like that)





Ask your manager what steps they feel you should take to improve matters.





Go away and think about what was said. Sometimes the problem is that people don't fit in with a particular corporate culture and have to make great efforts to achieve this. Sometimes it is misunderstandings.





Try not to feel attacked or belittled but look upon it as an opportunity for growth
Try asking you manager what he meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment