Sunday, August 22, 2010

Complicated Friend/Guy issues. Can you help? Advice?

So my bff and I are both 17, and come from the same moral/value background, where we both feel we are too young to date, and won't date until we are ready to be married. However, that doesn't stop us from liking guys and hoping that they like us back. A few years back this whole thing was bad cause she liked the guy Luke I had liked forever, and he liked her back, we stopped talking, but after we realized he was a jerk we were friends again. Anyway, that's behind us but now we don't really talk about guys we like, cause now realize we are still too young and nothing good will come out of it, especially if again we like the same guy. Now there's this other guy, Jack. He's the complete opposite of Luke and amazing, but happens to be good friends with Luke. I've liked him for a couple years now, but I'm kinda shy so I'm not even that close with him, but I like him a LOT! Recently I dragged it out of my bff that that is the boy she likes too (she didn't tell me at first). We were talking about it more because she said to her ';I find it difficult to talk to you....but we have time'; and he said this while he was dancing with her, so I took it all to mean he liked her, which devastated me. Then I learned his sis had made a bet w/ him that he couldn't ask her to dance, which is why he asked her. But he COULD have made the bet because he likes her, right? Anyway,recently she's been talking about how awkward it is to talk to Jack, he never addresses her or anything, so I wasn't sure what to think. But she had actually told Luke awhile back about how she liked Jack, and she said that they were friends now, it was all behind them. HOWEVER, today I learned from my bro (who is best friends with both Luke and Jack) that Jack and everyone else knows that my bff is in love with him. So that could be why he's so awkward around her, although there is no proof that he likes her back or that he doesn't like her back. My bet is that after Luke heard it from my bff, he then went and told Jack, cause they are friends. His loyalties are more with Jack than they are with my bff. I feel bad for her, cause she's not ready to date she doesn't want guys to know if she likes them, cause that could only lead to trouble. I don't know if I should tell her that he knows, because she might act differently and I don't know if that could change their relationship, maybe making it worse for me (maybe if she acted differently Jack might start to like HER, and remember, I'm in love with him!) But if I told her and she knew, she might forget about him, making it better for ME. I don't know what to do. I like him, and ALL of the guys she knows are in love w/ my bff, I couldn't see this guy like her too, it would be devestating. How should I go about this situation?Complicated Friend/Guy issues. Can you help? Advice?
You need a vacation from all of them for a while. If you can't, try to avoid them for a couple of months. This will help your best friend see what she wants. You are still young, although you may think you have no time. Jack will wait if he has feelings for you.Complicated Friend/Guy issues. Can you help? Advice?
One thing which stands out from your rambling is as you say, you are far to young to be doing anythings steady in the boyfriend department. Don't lose your bff and just laugh and talk about it. If you are madly in love with someone who just looks hot but your don't even know them, that is infatuation. One day you will know the difference between love and infatuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment