Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm obsessed with the very thing I hate, do you have advice for me?

From the time I was a child I have been completely devoted to making it into my first choice college. I worked so hard I got completely burnt out, and then I had a breakdown. Before taking a practice ACT I freaked out so badly I ended up having to go to the hospital (definitely embarrassing, thankfully no one outside my family knew).





I feel like school ruined me (my own fault). I ended up becoming depressed, having suicidal thoughts (it's against my religion though, so I didn't do it), an eating disorder, I stopped talking to anyone at all, I didn't sleep, and I just concentrated on getting into college.





Ever since it became too much (though I made sure to still get my 100s) I haven't been able to look at school in the same light. I used to love it, but now I simply hate it (I love to learn though).





Now it's time for me to go to college and I tell myself to get over it, I'll be in a new setting and I have a chance to love school again. But a huge part of me doesn't even want to go. Everyone else is so excited, and I'm already stressed out over making it into graduate school and over studying for next test to get me into grad school.





I'm not sure I can handle anymore school. I feel like the first assignment I have is going to finally cause me to go completely insane. I am so petrified of failing (which for me is a 99, so in the end nothing I do is good enough). I am very concerned that no graduate school will accept me either.





I don't know what to do. No matter what happens I seem to have a limitless supply of motivation, so I can't stop striving. Sometimes I just want to finally say that I give up and that I've had enough, because I have had enough.





I know people recommend praying and volunteering and I've always done both, but this is just something else. And, I have no idea how to solve it.





Do you have any advice for me? Thank you very much! I'm sorry this is so whiny and lame.I'm obsessed with the very thing I hate, do you have advice for me?
Take a year off before you go to college, you deserve it. You don't need to try so hard, who are you even trying to impress?I'm obsessed with the very thing I hate, do you have advice for me?
Put it off for a semester or two til you feel stronger. Maybe by then, you'll love going back, maybe you will extend again. But try to enjoy your life. That is the thing.
well first off if you have never gotten less than 100 on a test i don't think you have to worry about not getting accepted. second i think you should take a step back and really evaluate yourself. do you think you're ready not knowledge wise but health wise? maybe you should take the proverbial semester off and take a vacation...a mental one. clear your head and not think about school for a while. i would not give up on anything cause once you start giving up you won't stop. you seem to have a good head on your shoulders... why don't you use it for the good and well being of you!
-Uh-Oh..- An Overachiever..! -I have a Niece like You... -And She becomes a Drama Queen on Steroids- if she doesn't get the extra 3 points on the Exam that will give her an A+ !!! -So I'll tell YOU, what I tell Her... [My EXACT Words]. '; So WHAT ?!! Are You THAT eager to get to your Grave before everybody Else ??! Is THAT All life MEANS to You- certain letters %26amp; numbers on pieces of paper- that NOBODY is going to remember a week from now ??! WHO are you Competing with ; -your peers or your Obsessions ?!! Life is NOT how well You DO in it ... -It's what You do WITH it- that makes YOU %26amp; Others Happy !!! Lighten UP ! Check out something NEW... Hold a newborn Infant in your Arms -%26amp; forget about Exams. Read a book to an old Lady who can't See anymore- and LOSE the Clock that's ticking away the last hours of her Life... -Find Somebody to help get a ';C'; in something they most certainly WON'T- if you aren't there to help them Pass... THOSE are some of the things that Matter... NOT whether you go to This College or THAT... Those are some of the REAL Things- that MEAN something to Someone, Somewhere...'; Overcome YourSELF, %26amp; Good luck! :)
My my. Sounds like you need a good vacation - and don't study on it!





When you get into college, you would probably benefit by signing up for a Co-Op program or something similar. Having a semester in classes followed by a semester at work is a great way to get a break from the books while building up some valuable work experience related to your college major. It will take you a little longer to graduate, but you will be earning money from the employment and have a really nice resume when you graduate. Graduates with Co-Op experience are usually hired pretty easily.
You sound like me. Do you have issues with approval of others? I mean, you apologized at the end of your schpeel. We wouldn't read it if we didn't want to.





Give yourself a time limit for studying. Tell yourself you will only study for X amount of hours a day or a week and do no more than that. Sometimes over-studying can happen where you try to pack so much information into your head that it becomes disorganized and is counter productive.





I went to grad school, and even tho I didn't get into the one I wanted to, I'm still glad I went. Its also taking me longer than I expected to but you can only do the best you can with what energy you have.





Do what makes you happy and what makes you feel free, and learn to be patient with yourself.
heres some advise, ur way better than u give urself credit for, take a deep breath and relax, u made it! ur in college! all u can do is try ur best and no matter what happens u know u gave ur all!
Hi Lavender,,while i'm reading your post, it reminds me of my psychology class and psychiatric lecture during my school days..it's part of self development..


anyway back to your question, your in college now all you have to do is to be grateful and take it slow..Slow down and pay more attention to the present and World around you..


Well, prayer would help you a lot as long as you are sincere of it..


Make up your mind of what you really want..脺

No comments:

Post a Comment