Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mommies, and TTCers.. what do you think?? Advice...?

Been trying to think of a way to tell hopeful daddy to be when it happens...


Here's the thing..


we've tested before, and he likes to be there- he waits in the bedroom while I test, and when I come out, he asks me ';well?';


So, I wanted to do what everyone else advised me to do- to go to the dollar store and get some pacifiers and a bib and stuff and put them in a gift bag to give to him, and he'll obviously know at that point what's going on.


Since it won't really work out if he asks me ';well?'; and I say, Hold on let me get something, and pull a present out. He'll already have an idea of what the situation is...





I'm debating whether I should test once AF is late by myself, then give it to him when he gets home...


but I don't know whether he'll be hurt that I tested and found out without him...


What do you think??? Mommies, and TTCers.. what do you think?? Advice...?
My husband regularly found out about my pregnancies by my screaming from a bathroom NOT AGAIN and pointing my finger at him saying its all your fault! (we are catholic). Its a very personal thing for a woman, especially on a first child and if he feels hurt you tested without him just explain that periods are often late and so on and that you don't want to raise his hopes up blah blah, also if tests are consistently negative men start to wonder about their 'mojo' . If and when the time does come for you to tell him I suggest saying over a nice dinner that you are proud to be part of continuing his wonderful genes and flattering the hell out of him, super sperm man etc, he will be proud of himself and appreciate not being dragged to the bathroom every month because believe me there will be lots of appointments to be going to once you are pregnant. Mommies, and TTCers.. what do you think?? Advice...?
every time i took a test my hubby was there........the tests were always negative............then i took one by myself one day and it was positive,,,,we have a little girl now who is 3..........to be honest he was a bit hurt that he wasn't with me but he got over it....i felt that him being with me was bad luck.........and if i take one again i will do it alone ............good luck btw
I honestly believe he will be hurt if you test without him. I say this because it seems to be very important for him to be involved in testing with you. I have a similar situation and i want to do a ';surprise we're pregnant'; too but i don't think i can because of the same reason as yours...which sucks. Maybe you can go ahead and test without him and do your whole surprise and afterwards, if he does get upset, tell him how you really wanted to surprise him. After a few moments, he should understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment