Monday, August 23, 2010

Can I get advice? What would you do?

I am currently working in a supermarket, where I have only been there 2 months. Prior to working there I was working for the same supermarket in a different location, for over 2 years, where I used to love it.





However this new location is not going well for me.. I hate it... in fact.. I despise it, the only real reason i took the transfer was to stay in a job due to the current economical climate in the UK still being in recession, but I can't take it anymore.... I have studied at university and graduated... With transfering to this new store... I had to sign a new contract, can't transfer to another store or back to my old one, as I've just got there... It's payday soon (2 weeks) so I was don't know whether I should just stop going when i get paid? or stop going from now on? I'm still in the training/probation period.. so i can't really resign, and I don't think i can get a reference that early on anyway...





Any advice?





Much Appreciated! :DCan I get advice? What would you do?
If you leave what are you going to live on. You won't get JSA if you resign. We have all had to do jobs we hate. Just start looking for another one.Can I get advice? What would you do?
I hated my job for over 40 years....my boss was a real @ss.......and made life difficult for everyone.......well that @astard died last summer and I'm living on the beach without a care in the world.......retirement is sweet................
Due to economical situation, it would be in your interest to stick to your present job. Mean while look for a new job. Something will surely turn up. Have patience. You are frustrated and not happy with your present job, but if you quit now indirectly you will be spoiling your record. ';Slow and steady wins the race.';





';Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.'; - Joseph Addison
Give your notice and quit. With your background and degree hopefully you could find a job soon. Best of luck to you
You do not say what your job title is or what your job entails or indeed what was your job you loved when you were in the previous store.


Since you have a degree I am certain that you are not a shelf stacker, so this implies you have a job with responsibility and accountability.





So either the new job is larger than your previous one and you still need to adapt to the job and your new surroundings or ( and maybe both) you may not get on with your new line manager or one of the stores management team resulting in you feeling rather low and depressed and to add to this is the fact that moving from one smaller store where everyone get on to a much larger store where new employees can often feel lonely it is understandable and If this is the case go to your Doctor do not leave.


However the way you have written this question makes me think if you do not leave on your own back then you may suffer at the store.





Dont leave, look for another job, if needed go to your doctor, speak to HR about your options.
why stay in a job that you hate. this is unhealthy. but as so many others have pointed out to you with the way that the economy is secure another job first.this way you will have an income . try to hang on as long as possible. remember new jobs are like new schools you did not like it at first but when you was there for awhile and got to know people everything came together
If you left you will get no JSA or income support and you know how bad unemployment is in the UK, about 300 people applying for each job, if you were interviewing and you had 2 people, 1 was currently working and 2 was unemployed because they hated their last job? which one would you employ? No 2 might not like this job and leave after a few weeks but No 1 will last long term? Give a lot of thought before you leave your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment