Saturday, July 31, 2010

Am I being a pain in the back side or what? I need advice from you pregnant ladies.?

I am pregnant, and I never felt so sick in my life  this morning I threw up my bile  this never happened to me before.


I am trying to cope with sickness at work, I am at work right now by the way.


I called my partner, and I told him to come and pick me up because today I just feel so sick, I cant work! I just wanna lye down and rest.


When I called him he said he cant pick me up, because he is playing football with his friend, and he said he doesn’t have his car with him.


He said to me I was being unfair… like he always does.. we both planned for our 1st pregnancy! I don’t why he is acting like this. He made me cry.


I just want to know if I am wrong, if I am being a pain. Maybe I am but I just don’t realize. (today is his day off that’s why he is having fun).


Please I need some advice.


Am I being a pain in the back side or what? I need advice from you pregnant ladies.?
It's your hormones kicking in so you may be being a bit sensitive. After all if he was a work would you of expected him to pick you up. Am I being a pain in the back side or what? I need advice from you pregnant ladies.?
men dont seem to understand what we go through,, how could they?


its horrible im sure he doesnt mean to make u feel bad


get him a book on pregnancy make him read it


good luck and congrats on baby x
He really is being unfair, although you have probably been a nightmare as your hormones are all over the place. Looking back, I know I was when I was pregnant. I pity my ex husband!


Get a cab home and make him pay for it. Indulge yourself this afternoon.
Your not being a pain at all, he should be there supporting you. He doesn't understand because he is not the one going through it.





You should talk to him about it and tell him that your really ill and if you've both decided 100% to have this baby together he needs to be supportive toward you.





I've been feeling quite sick lately (morning sickness) but i haven't actually been sick yet soo Good luck, hope you feel better soon :)!
maybe just a little, there must be some give n take on both hands. u cant ring him everytime u dnt feel well thats a sad part of being pregnant but he shouldnt be so selfish, any ways he should have the car just in case there was an emergancy n u needed to get to hospital.


dont mither over petty things but make him realise wer ur coming from





best of luck xx
Men do not have a clue when it comes to woman at the best of times. Pregnancy is very tough for woman, we have all the emotions running around all the time aswell as the physical effects sometimes men just don't get it! My partner has read a few books so understands what is going on but whenever i say how i am feeling he says 'oh that is in the book' and that is it, i am finding this quite upsetting because i would like a hug or something abit more then that! I dont think you are being pain. Good luck
you're not in the wrong.


Unfortunately unless someone you're talking to has had really bad morning sickness too ... People tend to not have any sympathy for you.


Men tend to be the top of this list.


And women who had perfect pregnancies or ... Have never been pregnant.





I had really bad morning sickness from the start and i couldn't even make it to work ... So you're doing a lot better than me :)





And as for him making you cry. As much as it's annoying thing to hear. It's your hormones making you overly sensitive. I'm still crying over nothing now.





Get yourself some water to get your fluids back and try eating a few rennie tablets. They settled my stomach sometimes.


Then try eating a little something.





And i agree ... Get a cab if you can. Rest up, listen to your body!





Good luck :)


X





edit: i got a thumbs down ... why ?


infact most people talking sense got thumbs down.


?? strange, obviously never had morning sickness... point proven ha
I know exactly how you feel my boyf had me in tears tonight (and hormones too) but i really needed him with me tonight to look after me and give me reassurance etc but instead he goes out partying admittedly he doesn't that often and that's why i let him go because i don't want to take away his freedom (whilst he still has it) but i want him to think about me and how i should be his priority at least i think, i feel awful for saying that but its the truth. i don't think you are being unfair to your partner you should both be enjoying the time you two have together before your little one arrives because then it wont be about just you 2. Good luck xxx
OH - you feel sick etc etc. Pregnancy is tough. But I think sometimes there's too much reliance of this for women to nehave like brats. Most of the time its justified but sometimes its not - and I think this is one of those cases.





He's got a day off and he's arranged to do something. Be a big girl and get yourself home some other way. I could understand if you were feeling ill enough to go to hospital that you would want him there but if you're just feeling normal pregnancy sickness I reckon you can just suck it up and get home by cab or public transport. He can look after you later. Don't ruin his day, its not fair.
I think your partner should be more understanding. You are not over reacting - morning sickness can make you feel awful and your partner should not be telling you these things. Tour hormones will be all over the place so don't feel like its you as it really isn't. xx
It is not your fault if you don't feel your normal self. If you are feeling ill i don't see that you are being a pain! I think he should have more sympathy for you because you are the one carrying the baby! Don't worry...make him feel guilty for not picking you up!
I was sick in my pregnancy too.. oh and hormonal. Thats all it is. Dont worry if your being a pain in the back. Your earning the right to be!! lol





Try eat salty snacks to replace the salts from vomiting. It also helps settle your stomach... I am in Australia and I used to slowly lick on a teaspoon of vegemite... gross, but it really helped. Try lemonade too. For about 4 weeks that is all I could keep down. Im serious... at work I would just nibble on them, I would be lucky if I ate a bag of plain potato chips every two days. I lost weight, but it did help with the vomiting.





Try keep your mind off things. Its hard especially in the beggining. Your body s creating a person and thats hard work, your bound to be tired. It does ease off as later all the baby needs to do is grow.. hang in there!!
Men don't understand what it is like, I can totally sympathise re the sickness, I am still being sick and sick of it. Does my partner understand how carp I feel? Probably not, but he at least he is sympathetic to me.





Fair enough if he can't come and pick you up and he doesn't have the car, but I think it is a bit mean for him to be saying you are being unfair, no he has got to understand that parenthood starts here, not when the baby arrives and he needs to support you throughout your pregnancy.





Make your own way back home (at least you will have a quite house) and make sure he really suffers when he comes back lol.
you're pregnant. you're twice as emotional.





at the beginning i felt as though my fiance didnt give a **** and that i was the only one who even cared that we were having a kid.





He told me he thinks its different for the father, they become attached to the baby when they actually see it face to face, unlike the mother who is attached to it from the beginning.





I had my first ultrasound by myself and i made him come to the second one. When he saw the baby i definately saw him change. He was watching the baby and squeezing my hand and constantly kissing me, which made me realise he did care and seeing the baby affected him as much as it affected me.


As time has gone on he has become more touchy feely to my tummy (i think because now its visible) and i find him talking about things we need to do for me and baby.





It sounds like you're in your first trimester (i just got over that horrible hump) and yeah its normal to be sick and fatigued 24/7. Whoever called it ';morning'; sickness LIED. I was nauseous non stop.





its normal to be emotional, to be sick and to think your partner doesn't care. just wait and see how it pans out later on :)
How far pregnant are you. Maybe twins??? Being pregnant we look for sympathy, and i think that your husband should be a little bit nicer. You are carrying his baby after all. Usually morning sickness sticks around for about 3 months then should hopefully disappear.





Good Luck.



when i was having bad morning sickness literally throwing up every half hour alday every day when i had nothing in my stomach i called my husband home from work because i was that bad and he came straight away unluckily for me i was took into hospital for this but he was brilliant.


your partner should be concentrating on you and his child right now and nothing should stop him from making you more happy or comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment