Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ould you kindly give some advice about very bad suburbs in Sydney?

what suburbs in Sydney have bad reputations?I know a few, Kings Cross, Redfern, Auburn,Cabramatta, lidcombe and MT DruittOuld you kindly give some advice about very bad suburbs in Sydney?
Actually, the further west you go the more safer the suburbs are. They're quiet, leas populated/less density, multicultural, rich (take a look at the houses near the city and those in the west, who's richer?) and friendly. People who are multicultural tend to be more friendly than those who aren't, and that's why it's so safe here. We're just mixed with the foreigners so much, so we're used to them.





Though, yes, some western suburbs are exceptions (Cabramatta, Fairfield, Bonnyrigg and Canley Vale). But there are a lot more dangerous suburbs in the inner west area (Auburn, Redfern, Kings Cross, the ones you mentioned) and those that surround the Sydney CBD area, and that's because they are high density.





I dunno why people stereotype western Sydney as violent and dangerous. I actually find it safe. I mean, I always hear news about somebody getting killed in around the Sydney area and the inner west suburbs. I assure you, the greater western suburbs are very safe.Ould you kindly give some advice about very bad suburbs in Sydney?
Sutherland is bad?





The sutherland shire is beautiful. It's one of the few areas of Sydney where it's relatively cheap to live and is close to everything. The beaches are, in my opinion the best in Sydney, the houses are great, the area safe, great shops. It has a terrible name because of the Cronulla riots, when in reality those who were violent came from the western suburbs.





And for the record, I don't live in Sutherland. I just think it's a really nice area.





Basically, the further west you get the worse it is. There are exceptions of course. I was in camden the other day and it seemed pretty nice. Even though it's a million miles from anywhere.





I got to Sydney Uni and walk through Redfern every day. I think the dangers of it are really overrated. I've never had a problem. There are police everywhere. But yeah I wouldn't want to live there.





And there are suburbs which some people love, but others would hate. It depends on what type of person you are and the lifestyle you have. I, for example, love going to Newtown. But would HATE living there.





But yes Penrith, Mt Druitt, etc. all have terrible names. I haven't been there so I can't judge, only know from word from mouth what they're like... which is pretty dodgy. A have a friend who lives in chipping norton in the west, and it was actually really nice. They've never had a problem.
Greystanes.


Berowra (north of Sydney) can be a little rough.


Penrith, to some degree.


Crow's Nest sometimes gets very rowdy.


Blacktown.


and of course the obvious ones that you said.
Western Sydney is bad. Sutherland is bad. My sister lives in Waterloo and she likes it. Some bad inner city areas have recently become much more expensive. If you don't have to live in Sydney, live in Brisbane. It is currently less creepy than Sydney or Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment