Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need advice, can you help me, please?

A woman at work told me she thinks her son is gay. He is 22 years old and I have known him for 15 years. We are good friends and have spent a lot of time together over those past years. (I am close with the whole family.) I have known many gay people over the years, I am 37, so it wouldn't be a big deal to me.


I just don't know now how to approach different topics. He has dated girls, but not in the past 4 years. We sometimes would talk about his dates, friends, people in general, etc. Now I am so conscious of what I talk about. I am afraid to bring up certain subjects. Is it Okay to ask if he is gay? I don't want to make him uncomfortable in any way, but I would feel so much better if he was open about it. Please give me advice. He and my coworker are so nice and I don't want to cause any problems.


Thank you for any help you can give me.Need advice, can you help me, please?
Yes, I think it's totally fine, specially if you've known him for so long and you're close to him. He shouldn't feel uncomfortable as long as you bring up the question with tact, and also make sure he knows you're fine with it, and support him.





Good luck! :)Need advice, can you help me, please?
Just mention that ';it's okay to be gay-it's 2009';. Work that into some casual conversation. Then see what his reaction is. I do this with people all the time!
  • face blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment