Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone know how much debt citizens advice help you with?

I have just separated from my husband, unfortunately all the bills we have are in my name, i now owe 拢21.000, I have thought about debt management but so many people have warned me of these type of companies, my sister said about going to citizens advice, taking my bills and asking them to write to the companies, my worry is we have been paying 拢700 a month on the bills and I will now only have 拢140 a month spare to pay the bills, do you know if citizens advice can help or do you think debt management my best course of action. Any help greatly appreciatedDoes anyone know how much debt citizens advice help you with?
Your question is very easy for me to answer! I have been in exactly your position and went everywhere. But I can tell you the only place that will be able to help you are the 'Consumer Credit Counselling Service'. This is a government regulated body who provide a free service for people in your situation. They will ask you to provide all your financial details and they work out your disposable income. when they have done this and you have provided them with details of who you owe money to, you then pay them a set amount by direct debit every month and they then divide that money between the companies you owe money to (even if it is 拢5 per month). They are fantastic and very helpful and friendly. I couldn't recommend them enough. I really hope this helps and you can get their telephone number from their website www.cccs.co.uk. You say that you have 拢140 per month spare, but the government have to allow you certain things in order to maintain a standard of living, for example they allow you 拢10 per month for haircuts.(you wouldn't think it would you!) so you might find that they will say you only have 拢100 per month disposable, in which case you will be better off. Please contact them first thing, you won't regret it!Does anyone know how much debt citizens advice help you with?
Yes they will help no matter how much debt you have. They are free and impartial and will really help you.
I have heard of a lady who owed 拢120,000 and got at least starting advice from CAB.


I wouldn't like to promise what help the CAB will give you but your sister's advice to go and see them is sound. What she shouldn't do is promise what CAB will do for you.


But you must move fast and not put things off any longer. Go and see CAB very soon. And listen to their advice; not your sister or friends.
CAB every time. Debt management take a proportion of your money as well, so it takes even longer to become debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment