Thursday, July 29, 2010

Upgrade advice if you please.?

I'm looking to make some upgrades to my computer, specifically the video card I have a poor 3450 that does the job since I tend to play strategic rather than shooting games, but is still the bottleneck of my system. Since I don't do heavy Gaming, I am not really up on video cards even though I have a pretty strong background in computers in general. I was looking at the holiday sales at Newegg and If any of you wiser than I could take a look at them and suggest the best for me in the sub 100 dollar range, I would appreciate it.





I would also like opinions on the q8300 cpu. Specifically anyone's experience with how overclockable it is. I am currently running a e5200 (dual 2.5 overclocked to 3.5) and while the extra cores would be nice, if I can't get the q 8300 up to at least 3.0 ghz, I don't think it is worth the extra money and would rather wait until prices drop further. Opinions with explanation please. Thank you.
  • face blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment